"In order to be irreplaceable, one must be different" - Coco Chanel

Friday, February 26, 2010

Fashion Week Collections

I apologise for the lack of posting recently. I have been utterly rubbish! I have had the most stressful few weeks at university and haven't had time to even think about blogging.

Here are a few of my favourite looks from the recent fashion weeks (Images taken from www.style.com)









Mulberry <3 I know they are probably not seen as THE most fashionable and not quite up there with the Chanel's, Wang's, McQueen's and Prada's of the fashion world; but I really do love their designs.

This season has a 50's inspired feel (mixed with a hint of the 60's) but it really reminds me of Gossip Girl; O so very Blair Waldorf and her Upper East Side followers, and I think that is why I love it so much!

What do you think?

Another designer that I love is Diane Von Furstenburg; I don't know what it is about her designs that I find so appealing. To be honest, though, I find it hard NOT to like designers collections. She too seemed to be chanelling a very Upper East Side, Blair Waldorf look.




Burberry






Gone are the days of the Burberry Chav association (I hope) they are producing amazing collections recently and always having pieces that I wish would just find thier way into my wardrobe some how!

I love the military inspired look and colours; navy and khaki. The focal point of the collection seems to be coats and boots! Which is perfect for winter in England!!! I love the pilot style jackets... very Top Gun-esque don't you think? I have a feeling that buckles, leather and sheep skin are going to be 'big' this coming A/W season.

I'll post some more of my favourites soon... don't want to spoil your appetite!

What are you favourite collections?

Bea x